Important Information regarding
We are excited to announce that we are reopening our doors on June 3, 2020 and can’t wait to see our clients once again! Upon our return we have a strong commitment to strictly follow the reopening guidelines established by the Province of British Columbia, Worksafe BC and the CMTBC (College of Massage Therapists of BC). While our experience must change quite extensively for a temporary period, we stand in our priority to bring an unparalleled experience of rejuvenation to our guests and believe that by making these changes, we are doing our part in keeping our team, clients and community safe when they enter our business.
- Bookings are welcomed by contacting the spa by phone or online through our website. A valid e-mail address and phone number for each guest is required.
- All clients, whether new or existing, will be emailed our client intake form and we kindly ask this to be completed a minimum of 48 hours in advance of your appointment time. This form includes a series of questions pertaining to your current health condition, as well as pre-screening to ensure you are not experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or have recently travelled from outside of Canada. If you do not meet the pre-screening criteria, we will contact you to explore options to reschedule.
- All clients will be required to accept a consent to treatment agreement, which outlines the risk associated due to the nature of our business and the inability to physical distance while receiving a treatment.
- We have revised our current service offerings to include a simplified selection, in order to remain within the provincial guidelines. We are temporarily not accepting group bookings, couple’s massage, body exfoliation, scalp treatments, facials, makeup applications and waxing around the chin / mouth.
- Our online booking preferences have been updated so you can change or cancel appointments through your online portal, as long as it is a minimum of 12 hours prior to your appointment time.
- The number of patrons within the spa will be controlled, to adhere to physical distancing and capacity guidelines. Our change rooms, infrared saunas and hot pool are temporarily unavailable. As a courtesy to our guests, we have adjusted our massage prices, until we are able to open use of our full spa facility. Public washrooms will be available for use.
- We kindly ask that all clients arrive 5 minutes in advance of their appointment time and wait in your vehicle, until we are ready to welcome you in. Once the touch points of are spa are clean and sanitized for your arrival, our spa coordinator will call or text you and invite you into the spa. We ask that you please arrive unaccompanied, unless you require assistance.
- Upon entering, please proceed to the sanitizer station located by the front door and sanitize your hands. If other clients are present in the reception area, please follow the floor markings, to aid in 2-meter physical distancing protocols.
- Our coordinating team will greet you and provide you with a mask to wear during your treatment. We are providing masks free of charge, and upon your departure we will ask you to place the mask in the designated bins at the end of your appointment so that we can professionally sanitize and launder. If you would prefer, you are welcome to bring your own clean mask to wear.
- We will guide you to the appropriate waiting area, where you will be greeted by your service provider. They are obligated to ask screening questions and will obtain informed consent, in order to proceed with treatment. If any contraindications are present, your service provider has the right to refuse treatment.
- We have temporarily removed all magazines, brochures, cloth furniture and communal pens / paper within our space so that we are able to fully disinfect touch points between clients.
- Although we have always maintained industry-standard disinfection protocols and impeccable cleaning routines, we have elevated our protocols by introducing only Canada Health approved hard-surface disinfectants and hand sanitization stations. Our team has been trained in the correct protocols in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions in order to confidently clean, sanitize, disinfect and sterilize against Covid-19. We are committed to ensuring our workstations and our workplace is clean and safe for all our guests and colleagues.
- All of our linens are laundered through a commercial cleaning company, who processes using a three-tier system that meets all safety guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and The Joint Commission (TJC).
- Any items laundered by our team will be washed using a “sanitizer” cycle, at (60oC +) temperatures for the full duration recommended. They will be dried, handled and stored to ensure the quality and safety is uncompromised.
- As always, tools and implements used during treatments are disinfected and sterilized with medical-grade and Canada Health approved solutions, in-between each client.
- This is your time to relax, knowing you are in safe hands!
- All of our service providers will be wearing the recommended PPE (personal protective equipment) and you will be asked to wear a mask prior to service commencing, excluding manicure services as a plexiglass barrier will be in place.
- Before, during and at the end of your service, you can expect your therapist or esthetician to perform their 20 second hand washing procedure. Hand washing/drying and hand sanitation options will be available for guests throughout their visit.
- When the service is complete, your therapist will guide you back to the reception area, then proceed with fully sanitizing their workspace and touch points, in preparation for the next client.
- To provide the safest environment possible, we have removed all fabric and cloth materials in the treatment rooms, other than the sheets and blankets that are changed and refreshed after every service. Treatments tables are disinfected with Health Canada approved formulations in accordance with the manufactures instructions to effectively treat against Covid-19
- Tap payment is now available. We ask that you do not pay in cash during this time. If you would like to tip, there is an option available through our debit machines (optional).
- All BC RMT receipts will be e-mailed, paper copies are no longer available.
- If browsing our retail area, we ask that you please ask for assistance from our coordinators or refrain from picking up products, unless you are certain you are going to purchase. We have some exciting new products to showcase for you!
- No problem! Call us and let us know as soon as you can and we are happy to cancel your appointment. You will be able to reschedule when period of 10 days has passed, and you can confirm symptoms have resolved. We do not want you coming into your appointment if you are feeling ill or experiencing symptoms of covid-19, therefore are waiving our cancellation fee for these instances.
- For clients who are cancelling for reasons unrelated to illness or covid-19 symptoms, we have altered our regular cancellation policy. We ask that you please give a minimum of 12 hours notice, notifying us by phone or email, or by cancelling through your online portal. Appointments cancelled after this time period will incur our late cancellation or no show fees. For more information, please visit our FAQ page.
We look forward to resuming operations and bringing a space of relaxation to our guests once again. We thank you for your understanding around all of the temporary changes we have had to make.